CBD and Workout Recovery
While CBD is not intended to treat or cure any disease or ailment, CBD is widely thought to help with aches, pains, and muscle recovery. CBD and some of the terpenes in our CBD oils (read more here!) are anti-inflammatory and can help dramatically with soreness and muscle fitness. Who hasn’t taken an NSAID (like Advil) after a tough workout or a long run? I think we all have. But the fact is, that CBD can often take the place of that pill and do it in a more natural and safer way (no NSAID risk of liver damage!).
What happens when we workout?
When muscles rub against each other during workouts the muscles can ever so slightly tear and be damaged. This is the “no pain, no gain” kind of feeling. One also starts to feel fatigued and sometimes we experience some inflammation. When muscles are damaged, it becomes difficult to heal until inflammation is eased – and that’s where CBD oil may be helpful to reduce the inflammation.
People are using CBD before and after workouts: taking CBD before a workout in a preemptive strike to prepare the muscles; and taking CBD after a workout to help the healing and recovery and take advantage of the anti-inflammatory properties.
At Peak City CBD we offer a few options for muscle recovery and inflammation fighting:
- Convenient, cost-effective, and small Roller CBD
- This is the size of a tube of lip balm. It can fit in your pocket or purse and might help relieve aches and pains (and even helps stop itching of bug bites, try it!). Roll it on and enjoy.
- Great smelling and long lasting Topical Creams
- We offer 2 creams, both in high dose 750mg CBD. These are great for aches and pains and inflammation. Just rub the cream on and often times in moments you may feel relief. Spring Shower is a fragrant nice smelling cream, Woodland is more woody smelling and perhaps preferred by a man.
- Daily intervention and wellness CBD Oils
- Taking CBD oil under the tongue daily can help with many things, including inflammation and sore muscles. We recommend daily CBD dosing with Peak City CBD.
Check out the STORE to see all of the cool workout related products we have to offer.